13 December 2016
FICA regulations in operation at George Municipality
George Municipality would like to confirm that the verification of personal and address particulars in terms of Reguluation 32A of the National Road Traffic Regulations, 2000 (FICA) is in operation at the organisation.
It is national law that motorists must verify all personal and address particulars with any motor vehicle or driving license transaction.
This follows the promulgation of regulation 32A of the National Road Traffic Regulations (NRTR) on 31 October 2015.
What this means is that any person or body of persons (companies or organisations) must submit proof of full names, identity or business number and residential and postal address before any registering authority can issue a motor vehicle license disc or operator card. If any person has not gone through the FICA process, there is a clerk available at the motor vehicle licensing department to assist you with this.
This new regulation will have a direct effect on:
· The procedure for the change of particulars of a registered manufacturer, builder, or importer.
· The procedure for the change of particulars of a title holder or owner of a registered motor vehicle.
· The procedure for the change of particulars of a holder of a motor trade number.
· The manner of notification of a new residential and postal address, specifically relating to driving licence holders.
· The application for, and issue of, a traffic register number and certificate.
The new regulations will require each person to provide proof of particulars (full names and identity number) and residential and postal addresses for verification when there is a change of person particulars or change of address or with the first an application that is being made for a NaTIS service at a registering authority or driving license testing centre.
List of Proof Documents are:
· Proof of Full Names and Identity or Business Number and Verification Documents
· Temporary RSA identity certificate,
· RSA identity document,
· RSA identity card,
· Valid RSA passport,
· Foreign country identity document ,
· Traffic Register Number (TRN) certificate issued by NaTIS in terms of the National Road Traffic Act provided that the TRN for a private individual must be accompanied by a valid source document in the form of an unexpired Refugee ID (BI-1707),
· foreign passport,
· work permit or study permit,
· Certificate of incorporation or name change of a company
· Founding statement or certificate of name change of a close corporation.
Proof of address verification documents are:
· Utility account (Water, Electricity, Sewerage or Refuse Removal),
· Bank / Financial statement,
· Municipal rates and taxes invoice,
· Telephone account (landline or cell phone account),
· Official correspondence from South African Revenue Services (SARS),
· Correspondence from a Body Corporate or Share-Block Association,
· Retail store statement of account / invoice,
· Letter from the administration department for applicants living in any type of residence (e.g. a hostel or barracks),
· Letter with an official date stamp from the educational Institution, or the residence, hostel or boarding house confirming student residence,
· Letter with an official date stamp from the Ward Councillor or Local Tribal Authority confirming the postal and residential address for an applicant who resides at an informal settlement or rural area,
· A mortgage statement from a Financial Institution,
· A lease agreement (signed by both parties),
· An official tax return / tax assessment,
· A recent short-term or long term insurance policy document or renewal letter,
· A valid television licence document
The George Traffic office hours are from 08:00 - 15:00 at the DRIVING LICENCE TESTING CENTRE in Mission Street, Pacaltsdorp (it means that all the people in the building will be able to complete their transactions. At the Motor Vehicle Registration next to the George Train Station in Hibernia Street, George the office hours are from 8:00 to 15:30.(On Wednesdays the opening time is 8:30 for compulsary training of e-natis transactions). Both offices operate through lunchtime.
Last published 30 July 2019