30 August 2017
Innovative Municipal APP launched for George
George Municipality is taking advantage of the massive growth in the use of cellphones in South Africa and is launching a groundbreaking Municipal APP on Friday 1st September. In strengthening George’s strategic objective of good governance – this APP will allow for easy and direct communication with the municipality, increase engagement in matters which affect citizens and enable effective and relevant service delivery.
The Citizen Engagement Application can be downloaded from your cellphone’s APP store at no cost and is compatible on all platforms whether smart phone or feature phones providing a cost efficient and highly convenient method of communicating with municipal services. You will auto-register when logging in for the first time using your cellphone number and must select a personalised password.
“ This is service delivery truly taking place in the palm of your hand,” said George IT Manager Vicky Bridge who initiated the development of the Municipal APP for George. “This APP bridges the gap with the community, allowing for instant and more relevant communication.”
“George Council is committed to transparent and accessible communication with it’s citizens”, said Executive Mayor Melvin Naik. “This APP provides an additional communication channel for the public to make use of and gives our citizens a real opportunity to take an active part in municipal processes.”
“This is just the start for this APP, we intend to provide an upcoming feature that will allow citizens to view and pay their municipal bill from their phone or any device they access the APP from,” said Municipal Manager Trevor Botha.
Here are some of the features and functions you can expect to find on the George APP:
- Notifications: Manage your profile information so that you receive all information important to you
- Fault logging: You can log service delivery faults or queries directly, using photographs and geo-location and receive feedback on service status.
- Live Service on municipal issues via Agent Chat or Click to Call during office hours 08h00 – 16h00
- Click to Call: A list of important contact numbers for the Municipalities divisions can be easily dialled from the APP during office hours.
- Twitter Feed: Access to the Municipalities Twitter Feed
- News Feed: Access to the Municipalities News
- Feedback: Option to send feedback directly to the Municipality
- Share the APP: sharing the app with friends and family so that they can connect with municipal services.
How to download the APP:
- Go to the APP store on your device and search “George Municipality” and click on install.
- Desktop link to the new George Municipal APP – http://george.comunity.me
Caption: George IT Manager Vicky Bridge displays the new municipal APP to Executive Mayor Melvin Naik and Municipal Manager Trevor Botha.Last published 30 August 2017