Water, Sanitation, Streets, Roads
We do our best to manage and maintain water infrastructure to supply you with clean flowing water. One of our Strategic Goals is to keep George - Clean, Safe and Green as well as the delivery of quality services - for all citizens of George. Our vision is George - A City for a Sustainable Future. We live our values, focus on our citizens, work smart, act like owners and are the brand.
OUR OPERATIONAL KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: Sewerage: Main Pipes and Pump Stations Sewerage: Water Pollution Control Water: Main Pipes, Reservoirs and Pumpstations Water Purification Storm Water Streets Planning and Project Management
WHERE TO FIND US: Physical Address The Old Town Hall Building, c/o York and Market Street, Postal Address P O Box 19, George, 6530
Kindly report a blocked sewer, a burst water main, a leaking pipe, a complaint or potholes, immediately to:
Mon – Fri : 07H45 – 16H30 044 801 9262 / 6
After Hours / Emergency Services 044 801 6300
UNIONDALE WATER/BURST PIPES/ SANITATION 044 752 1024
Contact us should you want to report a fault, have queries, complaints, compliments or suggestions.
Kindly report a blocked sewer, a burst water main, a leaking pipe, street complaint or potholes, immediately to:
Civil Engineering Client Services
Tel 044 801 2500/2510
Follow the link for Blue Drop information: https://www.dwa.gov.za
Follow the link for Green Drop information:https://www.dwa.gov.za
THE FOLLOWING 2 B WATER RESTRICTIONS APPLY IN GEORGE:
• Handheld watering of gardens using a hose and municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 7pm - 9pm AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 7pm-9pm. • Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
• Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 7pm-9pm.
• Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
• Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed), except for commercial car washes.
• Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed).
• “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
• Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262 or after hours at 044 801 6300, as soon as you notice them.
Report contraventions of water restrictions on 0800 424 277. Fines may apply.
Clients making use of George Municipality Sewerage Truck Services, please note:
- All operation and maintenance of on-site septic and conservancy tanks, and all costs related to it, are the responsibility of the property owner.
- The owner must check septic and conservancy tank levels regularly and book a service long enough in advance to avoid spillovers.
- Book your collection/cleaning of tanks at least three days in advance at the phone numbers below.
- Immediate response to emergency overflows cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability and scheduling of trucks.
- Collection and cleaning of tanks after hours (4.30pm-7.45am), on weekends and public holidays are more expensive than in working hours, as per municipal rates, and will only be done on confirmation by client that the after-hours fee is accepted.
Book your suction truck services on 044 801 9262/66.
Uniondale: 044 752 1024
After hours: 044 801 6300
RIOOLSUIGTROK-DIENSTE: WAT U MOET WEET
Kliënte wat van George Munisipaliteit se rioolsuigtrok-dienste gebruik maak, neem asseblief kennis:
- Die werking en instandhouding van septiese- en opgaartenke, en alle kostes wat daarmee verband hou, is die verantwoordelikheid van die grondeienaar.
- Die eienaar moet die vlakke van septiese en opgaartenke gereeld nagaan en ‘n diens lank vooruit bespreek om oorspoelings te vermy.
- Bepreek die uitsuig/skoonmaak van tenke ten minste drie dae vooruit by die telefoonnommers hieronder.
- Onmiddellike reaksie in die geval van noodriooloorspoelings kan nie verseker word nie en hang van die beskikbaarheid en skedulering van suigtrokvoertuie af.
- Uitsuig of skoonmaak van tenke wat na-ure (4.30nm-7.45vm), oor naweke en publieke vakansiedae plaasvind is duurder, soos per die munisipale tariewe, en sal slegs gedoen word indien die kliënt bevestig dat die na-ure fooi aanvaar word.
Bespreek u rioolsuigtrok-dienste by 044 801 9262/66.
Uniondale: 044 752 1024
Na-ure: 044 801 6300
Last published 19 December 2019