Water, Sanitation, Streets, Roads
We do our best to manage and maintain water infrastructure to supply you with clean flowing water. One of our Strategic Goals is to keep George - Clean, Safe and Green as well as the delivery of quality services - for all citizens of George. Our vision is George - A City for a Sustainable Future. We live our values, focus on our citizens, work smart, act like owners and are the brand.
OUR OPERATIONAL KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: Sewerage: Main Pipes and Pump Stations Sewerage: Water Pollution Control Water: Main Pipes, Reservoirs and Pumpstations Water Purification Storm Water Streets Planning and Project Management
WHERE TO FIND US: Physical Address The Old Town Hall Building, c/o York and Market Street, Postal Address P O Box 19, George, 6530
Kindly report a blocked sewer, a burst water main, a leaking pipe, a complaint or potholes, immediately to: Mon – Fri : 07H45 – 16H30 044 801 9262 / 6 After Hours / Emergency Services 044 801 6300
UNIONDALE WATER/BURST PIPES/ SANITATION 044 752 1024 Contact us should you want to report a fault, have queries, complaints, compliments or suggestions.
Kindly report a blocked sewer, a burst water main, a leaking pipe, a taste complaint or potholes, immediately to:
Civil Engineering Client Services
Tel 044 801 2500/2510
Follow the link for Blue Drop information: https://www.dwa.gov.za
Follow the link for Green Drop information:https://www.dwa.gov.za
THE FOLLOWING 2 B WATER RESTRICTIONS APPLY IN GEORGE:
• Handheld watering of gardens using a hose and municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 3pm-5pm AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 3pm-5pm. • Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
• Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 7pm-9pm.
• Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
• Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed), except for commercial car washes.
• Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed).
• “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
• Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262 or after hours at 044 801 6300, as soon as you notice them.
Report contraventions of water restrictions on 0800 424 277. Fines may apply.
Last published 11 October 2019