The George Municipality, Economic Development Department in partnership with the Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works is rolling out a bicycle project as part of its promoting non-motorized transport.
The objective of the project is to assist young, local entrepreneurs (18 – 35 years) with a resource for a start-up business. The Economic Development Department will distribute the bicycles which will remain the property of the George Municipality.
The bicycle business / service must preferably operate in Pacaltsdorp, Conville / Rosemoor, Wilderness, Thembalethu, Parkdene/ Borchards and Waboomskraal / Kleinkrantz areas.
Youth entrepreneurs are invited to submit a bicycle business proposal application for consideration. The following criteria will apply.
- Youth entrepreneur (18 – 35 years old)
- Resident of George
- Viable bicycle business idea
- The activities carried out by the organisation / business have a potential to create jobs
- The organisation/ business is willing to provide a monitoring & evaluating report every 3 months, reflecting on how the bicycles are being used
- Be able to show the relative need or market for bicycle business / services
Application forms can be obtained from the George Municipal Website, the Economic Development Office in Industrial Road and Tourism Office.
Completed applications must be placed in the tender box at the George Municipality on the First Floor, Directorate: Financial Services, Supply Chain Management, York street, George by no later than 12h00 on Friday 20 May 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For enquiries and further information please contact Amy Kearns at the Worker Collection Point Office, Industrial Road on 044 801 9173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bicycle specifications attached to the application form.