Motor Vehicle Registration and Licencing
Hibernia Street (next to train station)
044 801 9310 or 044 801 9311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(License renewals, registrations, duplicate registration certificates, permits, etc.)
Open to public weekdays 8am-3pm, except Wednesdays closed at 2pm due to compulsory training.
Open certain Saturdays 8am-12pm – please consult social media for updates.
Blanco Satellite Office
9 George Street, Blanco
Open weekdays 8am-3pm, except Wednesdays closed at 2pm due to compulsory training.
Bulk Motor Vehicle Registration Counters
Two Bulk Dealer MVR Counters are located inside the Blanco premises.
Drive Through Services
- Only Motor Vehicle Licence Renewals can be done at the Drive-through window.
(All other transactions must be handled at the Hibernia Street premises.)
- Please have your MVL2 printout or notice number ready. You cannot be assisted without this documentation. (Please note the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) no longer allows you to print a copy of your MVL2 from E-Natis.)
- Please note a maximum of two licenses can be processed per visit, per person.
No cash payments will be accepted, payment is via card only.
- You must as a vehicle owner, Register on E-Natis in order to receive a notification of the expiry of your Motor Vehicle Licence.
This is how you register on E-Natis:
Start by registering a profile online at https://online.natis.gov.za/#/ Choose between registering as a business or individual.
- Enter the following details for Individual: Identification type, Identification number, Initials and Surname.
- Enter the following details for businesses: Business/Company details – Identification type, Identification number, Company name. Proxy details – Identification type, Identification number, Initials, Surname.
- Please enter the CAW number of any of the vehicles registered in your name/company name in order to register and then proceed to the next step.
- Enter your latest cellphone number and E-mail address accurately, along with your chosen Username and password and click on NEXT.
- You or your company are now registered on the online E-Natis system and will receive your Electronic MVL2 via E-mail or Notice number via SMS, a month in advance of your motor vehicle license expiry date. (Please note the Road Traffic Management Corporation
(RTMC) no longer allows you to print a copy of your MVL2 from E-Natis.)
- The amount for the renewal of your vehicle will be on the MVL2 Notice along with all your motor vehicle particulars.
- If you have previously registered on E-Natis, please ensure that your most recent E-mail address and cell phone number is updated in order to receive notification of your license expiry.
- Once you receive either an MVL2 notice via E-mail or Notice number via SMS, you may present this to the licensing office for your renewal.
- Please note that OVERDUE licenses may not be renewed with the MVL2 and Notice number. A green ALV form is required to renew OVERDUE licenses and cases where the Owner/Company did not receive any of these notifications.
Your vehicle licence expiry date is indicated at the bottom of your current vehicle licence disk and you are advised to diarise the licence renewal time in advance to ensure timely renewal.
Vehicle licences are valid for a year from the date of renewal. The owner has 21 days from the date of expiry on the disk to renew the license.
Applying via RTMC Own Online Licence Renewal Process
The municipal MVR offices do not have access to the RTMC’s Online Renewal System. The public must note that this is a new online process brought in by RTMC. If you are experiencing any challenges please use the following email address for queries: email@example.com or use the TOLL-FREE Number 0861400 800