George Tourism drives winter accommodation bookings
George, Wilderness and Uniondale Tourism has launched an extensive digital campaign featuring the three towns across Facebook, Instagram, and Google Adwords.
The campaign, targeting Cape Town and Gqeberha, aims to create brand awareness for the destination, prompting users to take a mid-year break, whilst driving accommodation bookings for the upcoming winter season.
Accommodation product members were invited to participate in a deal to offer prospective visitors up to 25% off. A great response to the call has highlighted the need for more direct marketing to help tourism businesses to increase their occupancy levels.
The results of the campaign are being tracked and will show a return on investment for the destination, as well as the members who are partnering with the George Municipality’s Tourism Department to increase interest in and business to the area. Enquiries are being tracked digitally and in real time to evaluate the success of the campaign.
Joan Shaw, Tourism Manager at George Municipality says: “It is more important than ever that the Tourism Department and the accommodation products partner to get the best results from marketing campaigns. Marketing actions executed by George Municipality are mainly for the benefit of the Tourism Business Community. I am confident that our partners who are will see the benefits in, what is generally, a slow winter season.
This campaign supports and extends the recent highly successful radio campaign featured on both KFM and Radio 702, ensuring listeners keep George, Wilderness and Uniondale top of mind when wanting to take a winter break
1. Acorn Guesthouse in the warm heart of George is just one of the properties offering up to 25% off for the campaign.
2. Moontide Guesthouse, on the river in Wilderness, is one of the properties offering up to 25% off the campaign.
3. Cinnamon Boutique Hotel is one of the amazing properties offering up to 25% off for the campaign.
4. Escape to the Beach, says it all – one of the luxury properties offering up to 25% off for the campaign.
5. Beach Villa Wilderness, one of the spectacular properties offering up to 25% off for the campaign.
For more information contact Joan Shaw 081 412 9995