CALL FOR PROPOSALS
EVENT SUPPORT, PARTNERSHIPS AND ACTIVATIONS
George, Wilderness and Uniondale boasts a diverse range of lifestyle, sports, and cultural events.
George Municipality is considering the sponsorship and/or partnering with local events in line with the mandate to promote economic activity and social cohesion. The sponsorships are also intended to combat seasonality, increase geographical spread of events to all the communities of George and promote the city as an event destination of choice. The selection of events will ensure a balanced, year-round calendar of events to the benefit of the citizens of George.
Event organisers are invited to apply for event support, in the form of sponsorship and/or partnerships for events and festivals, within the George municipal area for the period starting from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024.
How to apply:
- Download the application form at https://www.george.gov.za/event-applications/
- Complete the application form and submit, along with the following documentation:
- A detailed event proposal (including all sponsorships, profile, promotional plans, track record of previous events (including statistics) and a sustainability plan).
- Portfolio of evidence of previous successful events organised, with photos or images of the previous event in JPEG format, if applicable, along with social media and website details.
- For new events, provide a detailed business plan with financial projections.
- A set of the Event Organisers latest Annual Financial Statements, signed by the COO and CFO.
- An endorsement letter from the relevant governing body or association (Sports association, Tourism Office, Ratepayers and Residents Association, etc.) if applicable.
- Land use permission for the venue plus a letter of approval for the use thereof from the owner of the property.
Event Applications must be sent to Claudine Carelse via e-mail to email@example.com by 28 February 2023. For more information contact Claudine Carelse on 044 801 9295