On 25 March 2021 Council approved the new policy for rental of Davidson Court Rental Units, summarised as follows:
– Only new applicants with a joint monthly income of less than R15 000 per month will be considered;
– The rental amount will be calculated based on a sliding scale as per the Social Housing Policy (based on joint monthly income);
– The period of lease will only be for one year (12 months);
– Only two (2) individuals will be allowed in a one-bedroom unit and four (4) individuals in a two-bedroom unit;
– Allocations will be done according to date of application (first come first serve basis);
– There will only be one waiting list for both officials and non-officials of George Municipality; and
– No applicants who currently own property will be considered.
Current occupants will be contacted by the Section: Existing Housing regarding the way forward.
All individuals who have previously applied on the waiting list for Davidson Court Rental Units are requested to complete the attached form (see link below) to update their details before Friday, 30 April 2021. Please ensure that the complete form, with the necessary documents, is handed in at the Section: Existing Housing (Housing Offices next to the Clinic). If not possible to hand deliver, please forward via email to one of the following officials:
WILLENE DARIES – firstname.lastname@example.org
PETRO BOTHA – email@example.com
SHEEN-WAYNE KIEWITZ – firstname.lastname@example.org
DOMINIQUE OTGAAR – email@example.com
For new application forms, please contact Cyrildene Fredericks or Siyamthanda Soga at 044 801 9113/9078 or download from here.
View the full policy and access the data base update form here.