Percentage storage at old unraised dam wall height: 76.11%
Percentage storage at new raised dam wall height : 60.90%
Rainfall for the month of September 2022 (George Witfontein Weather Station): 45.4mm
Demand/usage per day: 31.3 megalitres
(Please note the dam level indication is based on the spillway and dam wall height before it was raised, the latter is the new unofficial estimation based on preliminary calculations ahead of re-calibration of the dam. Re-calibration has commenced and is dependent on several factors. Adjusted official readings will be implemented and reported once new capacity has been confirmed, the time period of this is unknown).
Section 2B water restrictions for Uniondale and George remain in place as per Council decision.
Uniondale and George water restrictions details on https://www.george.gov.za/civil-engineering/water/
The immediate measures to be adhered to are as follows:
- Mechanical or automatic irrigation/watering devices or sprinkler systems for gardens are prohibited. Gardens may only be watered with a handheld hose from 19h00 – 21h00 (September – April) and 17h00 – 19h00 (May – August)
- Mondays/Thursdays: Even-numbered households ONLY
- Tuesdays/Fridays: Uneven numbered households ONLY
- The irrigation or watering of all sports fields is prohibited. Exemption applies only for golf course greens, bowling greens, and cricket pitches daily between 19h00 – 21h00.
- The washing of vehicles using a handheld/garden hose, except by a commercial enterprise, is prohibited.
- Cleaning of any outside surface area using a hosepipe/mechanical means is prohibited. The use of a bucket is permitted.
- Filling of swimming pools is prohibited.
- Where own water from a borehole or reservoir is used, “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed.
- Exemption can be applied for and considered, please contact 044 801 9354.
Contraventions of the Water Restrictions can be reported on 0800 424477. Fines will apply and/or six months imprisonment.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262/66 or after hours at 044 801 6300, as soon as you notice them.