PUBLIC NOTICE COM17/2023_ Submission of Comments Requested_Waste Disposal Agreement btw George Municipality and GRDM
NOTICE IN TERMS OF SECTION 33 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT: MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT ACT, NO. 56 OF 2003
|WASTE DISPOSAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE GEORGE MUNICIPALITY AND THE GARDEN ROUTE DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Notice is hereby given in terms of section 33 of the Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act, No. 56 of 2003 that George Municipality (“the Municipality”) intends entering into a waste disposal agreement with the Garden Route District Municipality (GRDM) for disposal of waste at the GRDM Regional Waste Disposal Facility, for a period of ten (10) years from effective date. The waste disposal agreement will impose financial obligations on the Municipality for a period longer than three (3) years covered in the annual budget for the 2023/2024 financial year.
Notice is further given in accordance with section 21 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, No 32 of 2000 that:
- The local community and other interested parties are invited to submit comments or representations to the Municipality in respect of the proposed contract-. Such comments or representations must reach the Municipality by 26 June 2023, via electronic mail on the email address or delivered by mail to the address details provided hereunder.
- Copies of the draft waste disposal agreement and information statement related to this agreement and the Municipality’s obligations in terms of the waste disposal agreement are available for inspection at the location listed below and will also be accessible on the Municipality’s website on george.gov.za and may be viewed during office hours at the Community Services Directorate, 82 Meade Street, George.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MARKED AS: REGIONAL LANDFILL SITE WASTE DISPOSAL AGREEMENT: SECTION 33 PROCESS
Further details for clarity may be requested via email to Mr Sivuyile Mtila on firstname.lastname@example.org or on telephone number (044) 802-2900.
Persons who are physically disabled or unable to write but need to participate in the process may submit their properly marked comments and/or representation verbally at the Office of the Community Services Directorate in Meade Street above, where they will be assisted during office hours by Mr Sivuyile Mtila, to transcribe their comments and/or representation.
- Public Notice COM017/2023_Waste Disposal Agreement Between the George Municipality and the GRDM
- Annexure A_Regional Landfill Waste Facility_Waste Disposal Agreement GRDM_George_Knysna_Mossel Bay_Bitou Municipalities
- Annexure B_Regional Landfill Waste Facility_Determination of interim cost recovery tariffs for budget purposes applicable to the participating municipalities
- Annexure C_Regional Landfill Waste Facility_GRDM Letter of Confirmation of Competitive Bidding and Section 46 in terms of the MFMA Processes
- Annexure D_Regional Landfill Waste Facility_George Council Resolution June 2022_Establishment of the Regional Landfill Waste Facility
- Annexure E_Regional Landfill Waste Facility_Long Term Loan Agreement GRDM and Standard Bank